Green Garlic and Spinach Pesto
EASY PEASY, POTENT AND POWERFUL! THIS COMBO IS KILLER, FOLKS. SHARE WITH US THE CREATIVE WAYS YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS PESTO!
- 2 cups chopped green garlic
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ¾ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil for serving
- Place the green garlic, spinach, walnuts and cheese in a food processor. Pulse for 5 to 10 second intervals about 10 times, until the greens and walnuts are chopped fine.
- Turn the food processor to low and slowly poor the extra virgin olive oil in through the food chute. Process for 10 to 15 more seconds, until everything is blended. Turn off the food processor, remove the lid and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the salt and pepper, replace the lid and pulse a few more times to ensure all ingredients are chopped fine and blended together.
- Transfer the pesto to a bowl and drizzle with more extra virgin before serving.